The privacy of your data is important to us. You can expect us to treat your data sensitively and carefully and provide a high level of security. Of course, we observe the regulations of the Federal Data Protection- as well as the Telemedia Act and we will collect and process users' personal data only to the extent described in this Privacy Statement.
1. The nature and scope of the collection and processing of personal data
We collect and process your personal data, when you sign up for the newsletter.
We will continue to save a certain amount of data to be used for our services, but in an anonymous or pseudonymous form.
2. The nature and scope of the collection and processing of personal data
2.1. Inventory data
We collect and process personal data if you register with us and use our services. During your registration process for our newsletter we ask you to provide the following data:
- e-mail adress;
2.2. Usage Data / Usage Profiles / Cookies
You can use our web pages basically without any disclosure of your personal data. However, some data are requested. With respect to such data, the following applies:
- 2.2.1. If our Internet pages are visited by a registered user or any standard user, we save certain data in the so called log files. A log file consists of the IP address, the beginning and the end of the visit on our pages, the amount of transmitted data, and the sub-pages that were called from our Web page. We collect and save the log files, on the one hand, for security reasons, to be able to retrace events of abuse of our services. In this context, we save in particular your IP address, if you have a post in our forums or a comment on an article.
- 2.2.2. We gain through the log files, on the other hand, insights into how our service is used. Thus we will find out, for example, which pages are most popular, at which times the use of our service is particularly intensive, how the navigation within the service runs et cetera. The results of this analysis are available at the end in statistical form and are anonymous. We use the results for technical and editorial optimization of our services. This means, for example, that we do not know usage behavior you have adopted, but only that there is a user who has such a usage behavior. We have no means and no interest, to identify the individual purely based on an IP address. In addition, you may object to data collection, saving and usage in accordance with this paragraph 2.2.2 at any time.
If you want to prevent the cookies in your browser, an option is available for the prevention of accepting and saving new cookies. To find out how this is functioning in the browser you are using, you can use the help function of your browser or contact the company of your browser.
3. Disclosure of data to third parties / Public availability of content data
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties,
- if and to the extent necessary, for the implementation of the existing contractual relationship with you or for the effect of our claims and rights,
- if requested by the governmental institutions, in particular by law enforcement and supervisory authorities, and if disclosure is necessary for the prevention of threats to public safety and order as well as for the prosecution of criminal offenses and/or
- we are required separately to do so by law.
4. Links to other websites
Our website contains links to websites of other service providers not associated with us. Once you click on the link we have no more influence on the collection, storage, processing of any personal data transferred by clicking on the link to the third party (such as the IP address or URL of the page on which you will find the link) because the behavior of third parties is naturally out of our control. We cannot assume any responsibility for the processing of such personal data by third parties.
5. Information, Correction, Deletion, Blocking
By communicating a request in written or text form, we will provide you with information on the personal data saved by us, at any time and free of charge. Excluded from the deletion are solely those data that we need to complete any outstanding tasks or to enforce existing rights and claims, as well as data that we must keep by law.
We use technical and organizational security measures to ensure that the user's personal data is protected against loss, incorrect changes or unauthorized access by third parties. In any case, only authorized persons have access to your personal data at us, and this only, to the extent that it is necessary for the purposes mentioned above.
7. Privacy Statement on the Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google").
Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", which are text files saved on your computer and which analyze how you use a website. As a rule, the cookie-generated data regarding your use of this website will be forwarded to a Google server in the USA and saved there. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union or other parties belonging to the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services for the website operator regarding website activity and Internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not conflated with other Google data.
You can prevent cookies from being saved by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser; however, we wish to point out that by doing so, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to the usage of the website (incl. your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link (tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Status: May 2018